It’s bad enough getting to grips with a rare medical condition, you don’t have to struggle through the benefits system too. My name is Steve Bradshaw and I am your dedicated benefits advisor.


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

You’ll find fact sheets with the latest news and changes to the benefits system here.

If in doubt, get in touch and I’ll give you advice on how to ensure information specifically relevant to someone with myasthenia is included in the application.

There are a number of ways that we are trying to assist you and we hope to develop and build on this as we go forward.

The Department of Work and Pensions has produced an on-line Personal Independence Payment (PIP) toolkit. This includes general information about claiming for PiP. However for members of myaware a, free of charge, personal benefits service is available to ensure that information specifically relevant to someone with myasthenia is included in any application. Myaware has prepared an leaflet giving an explanation of the purpose, working and impact of the new Employment and Support Allowance. Please also find a link to useful government help lines and addresses.

If you are in receipt of a disability related benefit and there is a significant improvement in your condition over a period of time, it must be reported to the Department of Works and Pensions (DWP).  Failure to report material changes could result in an investigation and possible prosecution for fraud.

The Employment Support Allowance - What is it? - Impact and Claiming

Government help lines and addresses


VAT Relief


If you are disabled, you won't be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use.

For more information visit



You can get a medical exemption certificate for free prescriptions if you are in the UK. Please ask your GP or Pharmacist for details on how to get a certificate.







© 2018   Myaware